What Does My Recipient Get?
Take a look at what your recipient will get with VSP individual coverage:
- Great savings on a comprehensive eye exam
- A $150+ allowance toward glasses and/or contacts
- Top-quality lenses covered after an affordable copay
- Savings on optional lens enhancements (features like scratch resistance, anti-glare, no-line bifocal/trifocal, and light-to-dark tinting)
Enter your recipient’s ZIP code to view plans in his or her area.
Whether they need basic glasses and simply want to save on their eye exam, or they want designer frames with multiple lens enhancements, we have your recipient covered. If you aren’t quite sure what they need, you can select a vision plan that lets them tailor their coverage once they’ve visited with their doctor.
Read the frequently asked questions below to learn more.
Your recipient’s eyes not only affect how they see, but how they feel. A vision plan from VSP will help your recipient take care of them, save money and can lead to a better quality of life, including:
- Fewer headaches
- Better performance at school
- Less computer eye strain
- More effectiveness at work
- Better performance in sports
It all starts with an eye exam. During their eye exam, the doctor can also detect early signs of serious general health conditions so they can manage them before they become more difficult problems. This can include things like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Whether you’re looking for classic frames or trendy styles, you’ll find the best selection of frames at your VSP doctor’s office. You can use your allowance toward any frame that your VSP doctor carries. Plus, we offer an additional $20 to spend on these frame brands:
- Anne Klein
- CALVIN KLEIN
- CALVIN KLEIN JEANS
- Cole Haan
- Draper James
- JOE Joseph Abboud
- Joseph Abboud
- Liu Jo
- Marchon NYC™
- Nine West
- Otis & Piper™
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Sight for Students
Our vision plans provide savings on many lens enhancements:
- Scratch-resistant coating – A clear coating that is less likely to scratch than uncoated lenses.
- Anti-glare (anti-reflective) coating – A coating that increases a lens’s light transmission. It also reduces the amount of light reflected from the lens surface and eliminates ghost images.
- Impact-resistant lenses – Lenses built from polycarbonate material, which is up to 10 times stronger than glass or plastic lenses.
- No-line multifocal (progressive) lenses – Progressive lenses are line-free, and their prescription strength gradually changes from distance to intermediate to near vision.
- Light-to-dark (photochromic adaptive) lenses – Light-sensitive lenses that darken when exposed to sunlight and lighten when sun exposure is reduced.
- UV protection – A lens treatment that absorbs the harmful portion of UV light found in sunlight.
- High-index lenses – These thinner, lighter lenses are designed to improve comfort and attractiveness for those with high prescriptions.
“As a mother and knowing that my son does not have vision insurance, I felt it necessary to purchase the plan for him.”
– Sherrill Huddleston, CA
“I love my own VSP plan, originally came to VSP through an employer benefit, then when company changed vision plans, chose to purchase own VSP separately because it is superior to the one offered. Then went to VSP when my friend needed a vision plan”
– Lissa Redshaw, FL
“My niece was raised by me and I know she has issue with her sight. I wanted to make sure she takes good care of her eyesight and since she’s a full-time student I wanted to pay for her insurance.”
– Claudia Atherton, OR
Your vision coverage comes with a 100% guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your VSP experience or your eyewear selection, contact Member Services and they’ll make it right.