Our eyes are important, but sometimes we take them for granted. We spend a lot of time and money caring for our bodies, our homes, and our vehicles. But all too often we forget to care for the health of our eyes, and specifically our vision.
Just like health insurance helps you afford the costs of general health care, vision insurance helps with the costs of caring for your eyes. This includes preventative measures like eye exams, as well as corrective lenses like glasses and contacts.
If you need vision insurance, here are a few quick tips to help you find the best vision plan you need to keep you and your eyes in great shape.
- Why Do I Need a Vision Insurance Plan?
Vision insurance is a great way to ensure that your eyes are always taken care of, while still keeping your costs at an affordable level. With the help of vision insurance, you’ll spend much less on each eye exam, and save on eyeglasses and contacts, too. Your eyes should be a priority, and vision insurance can help you make sure that you keep them in good working order.
- What Do I Need to Know About Vision Insurance?
In order to get the most out of your vision insurance, there are a few terms that you should be familiar with. Understanding vision insurance vocabulary can help you choose the best plan available for you, your eyes, and your family.
- Deductible: the money you pay toward your vision care before your insurance will pay their portion.
- Premium: what you pay each month to keep your vision insurance plan.
- Copay: the pre-determined amount you pay for certain services (like an eye exam).
- Exclusions: vision services that will not be covered by your insurance company.
- Coverage: the services that will be covered by your vision insurance company.
- Make Sure Your Eye Doctor Accepts Your Vision Insurance Plan
Just like with regular health insurance, your vision insurance plan will have a network of doctors you can use. If you use a doctor who is outside of the network, your costs may still be discounted, but you’ll end up paying more than you would in-network./
VSP Individual Vision Plans has the largest network of eye doctors, so it’s very likely that you can continue to see your family eye doctor. If you need help finding an eye doctor you can trust, VSP’s network of eye doctors is only a quick search away.
Now is the time to stop putting off your eye care. Find an eye doctor near you. If you don’t have a vision insurance plan, learn more about the benefits and savings you can get with a VSP vision insurance plan. Your eyes deserve the best, and we can help you find a vision plan that works for you