What do I get?
Breaking down our plans for you.
Take a look at what you'll get with a VSP individual or family insurance plan:
- Great savings on eye exams (covered with most plans)
- A dollar allowance (amount varies by plan) toward glasses and/or contacts
- Top-quality lenses covered after your affordable copay
- Savings on optional lens enhancements (features like scratch resistance, anti-glare, no-line multifocal, and light-to-dark tinting)
WHY GET AN EYE EXAM?
In addition to evaluating your vision, an eye exam can help you detect general health issues well before other signs become apparent. Early detection of issues like diabetes or hypertension means you can more easily manage them before they become bigger problems.
Read the frequently asked questions below to learn more.
|WHAT YOU PAY|
|SAVINGS EXAMPLE *||WITHOUT
|Comprehensive Exam||$168||$15 copay||$153|
|Optical Lens Enhancements|
such as scratch resistance,
|VSP Plan Premium||$232||-$232|
* Comparison based on national averages for comprehensive eye exams and most commonly purchased brands. This chart represents a typical savings for VSP members.
|Typical Prices Without Insurance||Price
|Impact resistant (polycarbonate)||$56||$31|
|Light-to-dark tinting (photochromic adaptive lenses)||$106||$70|
This is a sample of lens enhancements available to you. Talk to your doctor about the other affordable lens enhancements VSP offers.
Annual Savings $220 With VSP® After plan cost
Whether you’re looking for classic frames or trendy styles, you’ll find the best selection of frames at your VSP doctor’s office. You can use your allowance toward any frame that your VSP doctor carries. Plus, we offer an additional $40 to spend on bebe, Cole Haan, Flexon, Salvatore Ferragamo, or an Extra $20 to spend on these frame brands:
- Anne Klein
- Calvin Klein
- Cole Haan
- JOE Joseph Abboud
- Joseph Abboud
- Liu Jo
- Marchon NYC
- Nine West
- Otis & Piper
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Sight for Students
Our vision plans provide savings on many lens enhancements
- Scratch-resistant coating – A clear coating that is less likely to scratch than uncoated lenses.
- Anti-glare (anti-reflective) coating – A coating that increases a lens’s light transmission. It also reduces the amount of light reflected from the lens surface and eliminates ghost images.
- Impact-resistant lenses – Lenses built from polycarbonate material, which is up to 10 times stronger than glass or plastic lenses.
- No-line multifocal (progressive) lenses – Progressive lenses are line-free, and their prescription strength gradually changes from distance to intermediate to near vision.
- Light-to-dark (photochromic adaptive) lenses – Light-sensitive lenses that darken when exposed to sunlight and lighten when sun exposure is reduced.
- UV protection – A lens treatment that absorbs the harmful portion of UV light found in sunlight.
- High-index lenses – These thinner, lighter lenses are designed to improve comfort and attractiveness for those with high prescriptions.
Your eyes not only affect how you see, but how you feel. Caring for your vision can lead to a better quality of life, including:
- Fewer headaches
- Better performance at school
- Less computer eye strain
- More effectiveness at work
- Better performance in sports
It all starts with an eye exam.
“My old insurance didn't cover enough for designer frames. But since I've had VSP, I can choose Gucci or bebe and not go broke in the process.”
– D. Fletcher
“I work on computers every day, so to be able to get a pair of computer glasses and only have to pay the copay is excellent.”
– D. Rimes
“There was a great selection of providers in our area, including one close to my house.”
– M. Simmons
Your vision coverage comes with a 100% guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your VSP experience or your eyewear selection, contact Member Services and they’ll make it right.