Breaking down our plans for you.
Take a look at what you’ll get with a VSP individual or family insurance plan:
- Great savings on eye exams
- A $150+ allowance toward glasses and/or contacts
- Top-quality lenses covered after your affordable copay
- Savings on optional lens enhancements (features like scratch resistance, anti-glare, no-line bifocals, and light-to-dark tinting)
Whether you need basic glasses and simply want to save on your eye exam, or you want designer frames with multiple lens enhancements, we have you covered. If you aren’t quite sure what you need, you can select a vision plan that lets you tailor your coverage once you’ve visited with your doctor.
Enter your zip code to view plans in your area.
Read the frequently asked questions below to learn more.
Q. Why do I need a vision insurance plan?
A. You only get one set of eyes. A vision plan from VSP will help you take care of them and save money at the same time. But vision insurance is more than that. Taking good care of your vision is important to your overall health. During your eye exam, the doctor can detect early signs of serious general health conditions so you can manage them before they become more difficult problems. This can include things like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Q. How does VSP insurance work?
A. VSP is different than other types of insurance you might be used to. Take car insurance, for example — you hope you never have to use it. But with vision insurance, you actually want to use it because it will save you money on expenses you already know are coming. With VSP, you’ll receive services at rates well below walk-in prices, and you don’t even need an ID card — any VSP doctor can access your plan coverage. All you have to do is make your appointment, get your exam, select your frames and lens options, and the doctor’s office will take care of the rest. You pay any copays or overage right there at the doctor’s office, and you’re done. It’s that simple. And don’t forget, you can use your Health Savings Account (HSA) for out-of-pocket costs at the doctor’s office. You can choose a vision insurance plan for individuals, or to cover you and a dependent, or to cover the whole family (children under 27 or disabled at any age). Each member gets the same great coverage.
Q. How much money will I save with a vision plan?
A. The money you save depends on the plan you choose and the selections you make at the doctor’s office. The following chart shows a typical example of the savings you could enjoy. The more lens enhancements you opt for, the more you’ll save. Plus, you can add to your savings by using your Health Savings Account (HSA) for your copays and out-of-pocket costs.
|What you pay|
|Savings Example||Without insurance||With VSP||You Save|
|Rx Lenses Single, bi or tri focal||$86||$25||$61|
|Optional Lens Enhancements (Details) like scratch resistance, anti-glare, etc.||$268||$170||$98|
|Annual VSP Plan Cost||$204||-$204|
Comparison based on national averages for comprehensive eye exams and most commonly purchased brands. This chart represents a typical savings for VSP members.
TYPICAL ANNUAL SAVINGS
$244 WITH VSP
Q. Is my doctor covered?
A. There’s a good chance your doctor is covered. Our provider network is the largest in the country, with more than 30,000 doctors to choose from. To know for sure, go to Find A Doctor and enter your zip code.
Q. When can I start using my vision plan?
A. Once you’ve enrolled in a plan, you can begin using your benefits in just five business days.
Q. What frame brands are covered with VSP vision insurance?
A. Whether you’re looking for classic frames or trendy styles, you’ll find the best selection of frames at your VSP doctor’s office. You can use your allowance toward any frame that your VSP doctor carries, and you’ll get an additional $20 to spend on any of our featured brands listed below:
- Anne Klein
- Calvin Klein Collection
- Calvin Klein
- Diane von Furstenberg
- G-STAR RAW
- JOE Joseph Abboud
- Joseph Abboud
- Karl Lagerfeld
- Nine West
- Otis & Piper
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Sean John
- Sight for Students
- Tommy Bahama
- X Games
Q. What types of lens enhancements can I save on?
A. Our vision plans provide savings on many lens enhancements:
- Scratch-resistant coating - A clear coating that is less likely to scratch than uncoated lenses.
- Anti-glare (anti-reflective) coating - A coating that increases a lens’s light transmission. It also reduces the amount of light reflected from the lens surface and eliminates ghost images.
- Impact-resistant lenses - Lenses built from polycarbonate material, which is up to 10 times stronger than glass or plastic lenses.
- No-line bifocal (progressive) lenses - Progressive lenses are line-free, and their prescription strength gradually changes from distance, to intermediate, to near vision.
- Light-to-dark (photochromic adaptive) lenses - Light sensitive lenses that darken when exposed to sunlight and lighten when sun exposure is reduced.
- UV protection - A lens treatment that absorbs the harmful portion of UV light found in sunlight.
- High-index lenses - These thinner, lighter lenses are designed to improve comfort and attractiveness for those with high prescriptions.
Q. How do I renew my plan annually?
A. Continuing your coverage is easy. Each year your plan will automatically renew (we’ll charge the same credit card you provide us during your initial enrollment). You can cancel your renewal by calling our customer service line at 800-785-0699.
Q. What if I have other questions?
A. To speak with our award-winning customer service team, call 800-785-0699 and we’ll be happy to help you. Our service center is open Monday through Friday from 7a.m. to 7p.m. Central Time.